Make a difference in shaping our future health care!
The Stratford Public High Schools invite your participation in their successful ELECTRONIC MENTORING PROGRAM.
The Mentees: Stratford and Bunnell High School students
The Mentors: Quinnipiac University Health Professions students and other CT health care professionals
Framework: Once/week correspondence via e-mail
Timeframe: 10 weeks beginning February 10, 2012
Benefits for the high school student:
- Gain new perspectives on a wide range of health careers
- Gain knowledge of skills required for specific careers
- Attain awareness of the world of work
- Make connection between school and career
- Make informed academic and career decisions
- Begin to form a network of professionals
Benefits for the mentor:
- Make connections between the business and educational communities
- Contribute to the growth and development of tomorrow’s workforce
- Be more appreciative of youth from diverse backgrounds
- Gain the satisfaction of having positively affected a young person’s life!
Structured weekly topics include:
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Ethical Conduct
- Employability Skills
- Problem Solving
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Initiative & Self Direction
- Leadership & Responsibility
- Job Retention & Growth
Diane Christiano, Stratford Public Schools: 203.385.4281 or email@example.com
Joan Lane, Southwestern AHEC: 203.372.5503 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to sign on as an E-Mentor? Make that phone call!